Body of Frenchman recovered from Thames, UK attack death toll 8

Body of Frenchman recovered from Thames, UK attack death toll 8

Body of Frenchman recovered from Thames, UK attack death toll 8

NHS England said 29 patients remain in London hospitals, with 10 in a critical condition.

The death toll from the London Bridge terror attack has risen to eight after police searching for French national recovered a body from the Thames near Limehouse.

Off-duty Metropolitan Police officer Charlie Guenigault was out drinking with friends when the killers struck.

Nathalie Cros Brohan, sister of Thomas's girlfriend Christine Delcros, posted on Facebook on Wednesday morning that the family "fear the worst".

Two Australians were among the seven killed in a van and knife attacks on and on Saturday.

One of the victims of Saturday's terror attack has been confirmed as Australian Sara Zelenak.

She was working as an au pair in London, and was seen fleeing from the knifemen during the attack.

Top US diplomat in China quits over Trump climate policy, sources say
The state department said the embassy's economics councillor Jonathan Fritz would be filling in behind Mr Rank immediately. He joined the State Department in 1990 and speaks Mandarin, French, Dari and Greek, according to his official biography.

In a statement, they said they are "deeply saddened at the tragic loss of our attractive daughter". And the aunt of Sebastien Belanger, from France, said he had also died.

Spanish banker Ignacio Echeverria (39), was killed after trying to defend a woman with his skateboard in the Borough Market area.

His father, Joaquin Echeverria, said British authorities had previously not shared any information with them, but his son's employer, HSBC, had provided the services of a private detective to help with their search. He had been watching the Champions League final football match with friends at a nearby pub before the attack.

Officials said assailants plowed into pedestrians on London Bridge using a van, then drove to Borough Market, where they attacked people with knives.

The French national was walking with his girlfriend over the bridge when the attack began.

Relatives said the 28-year-old was "loved and adored by her family, friends and boyfriend", while colleagues at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital in central London described her as "one in a million".

Le Parisien daily newspaper named the second Frenchman to die in the attack as 36-year-old Sebastian Belanger.

Recommended News

  • Army convoy attacked by militants in J-K

    Army convoy attacked by militants in J-K

    Officials said that militants, hiding in bushes and behind trees, fired at the convoy and fled the spot. Six soldiers were injured in the attack and one of them later succumbed to his injuries at a hospital.

    US job market looks solid 8 years after recession ended

    Transportation and warehousing added 3,600 jobs, with warehousing and storage showing minimum change. The manufacturing sector lost 1,000 jobs in May, breaking a five-month streak of factory job growth.

    No evidence about Russia's interference in US polls: Putin

    The investment growth into Russian Federation exceeds GDP growth, this trend should be maintained, he said. Petersburg International Economic Forum on Friday.
  • Spelling Bee Champ Asked to Spell Covfefe Superfan TV

    Spelling Bee Champ Asked to Spell Covfefe Superfan TV

    Shourav Dasari , a past victor of both minor-league bees, was described as the consensus favorite as the ESPN broadcast began. It had added a tiebreaker test, but it did not come into play. "It motivates me", she said.

    Asia stocks firm as upbeat US, European data boosts confidence

    About 6.89 billion shares changed hands in USA exchanges, compared with the 6.72 billion daily average over the last 20 sessions. The greenback fell to seven-month troughs against the euro and Swiss franc, while sliding to a two-week bottom versus the yen.
    ICC ODI Rankings: De Villiers at top, Kohli at 3rd spot

    ICC ODI Rankings: De Villiers at top, Kohli at 3rd spot

    Kagiso Rabada, South Africa's 22-year-old pace sensation, has leapfrogged team-mate Imran Tahir to become the No. 1 ODI bowler in the world.
  • Girl Soccer Player Mistaken For Boy Gets Team Disqualified From Tournament

    On Tuesday the organizers released a statement to WOWT 6 claiming that a typo on the roster led to the team's disqualification. So, they showed tournament organizers her insurance card and other documentation to prove her gender, but it wasn't enough.
    Who will win the British general election?

    Who will win the British general election?

    If the poll is accurate and the swing were uniform across the country, the Tories would be 17 seats short of an overall majority. YouGov's election model was based on voting intention figures which gave May a lead of just 3 percentage points, YouGov said.
    Huddersfield have been celebrating their promotion to the Premier League

    Huddersfield have been celebrating their promotion to the Premier League

    Dean Hoyle, Huddersfield Town chairman, said: "When I took over in 2009, it has got harder and harder". It hurts right now, but we will come back stronger.
  • Offensive to drive ISIS from Raqqa 'capital' in Syria begins

    It follows months of advances to the north, east and west of Raqqa by the SDF, which includes Arabs and PYD terrorists. Two of the government's three routes to Deir el-Zour intersect with rebel and Kurdish forces supported by the U.S.

    'Pirates of the Caribbean' tops box office, 'Baywatch' sinks

    It even raked in less money than the weeks-old Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 which added $25.1 million to its treasure chest. It has now surpassed the domestic, foreign, and worldwide totals of the original, which topped out at $773.3 million in 2014.
    China vows to work with EU to uphold Paris pact

    China vows to work with EU to uphold Paris pact

    Trump dismissed the scientific consensus that rising temperatures are caused primarily by fossil fuels like coal and oil. The White House did not confirm the reports , while Trump restated that his decision would be announced this week.

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.