26 take ill after meal on Goa-Mum train, 3 in ICU

24 Passengers On Mumbai Bound Tejas Express Taken Ill After Consuming Food From On Board Pantry

24 Passengers On Mumbai Bound Tejas Express Taken Ill After Consuming Food From On Board Pantry

Twenty four passengers travelling on Tejas Express from Karmali to Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus have fallen ill after they had food from the pantry auto. The train was on its way from Goa to Mumbai when passengers complained about their deteriorating condition. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is responsible for the food and the entertainment provided on the train. The Tejas Express, a premium train, connects Mumbai and Karmali in Goa.The IRCTC has issued a show-cause notice to the caterer of Tejas Express , As Reported By Hindu. They have been admitted to a nearby hospital in Ratnagiri.

According to reports three passengers out of 24 are in the intensive care unit.

Passengers expressed unease and pain after having breakfast served on the train.

Walmart accidentally leaks 2 Google surprises a day early
Also, these new phones could also feature squeezable sides like the HTC U11 for launching Google Assistant and other apps. Like the Amazon Echo Dot, the Google Home Mini will also skip the large speaker setup for a smaller form factor.

Railway Ministry officials said the train was stopped at Chiplun in the Konkan region of Maharashtra following complaints by the passengers of train no 22120 Tejas with symptoms of food poisoning.

Equipped with CCTV cameras besides smoke and fire detection system, the 19-coach Tejas train has bio- vacuum toilets and GPS-based passenger information display system. "The passengers were taken to government and private hospitals", the official said. When contacted by the Deccan Chronicle, IRCTC general manager, Arvind Malkhede claimed that they are not sure if the food served by them can be linked to the suspected food-poisoning incident.

"The passengers admitted to hospital are out of danger", the IRCTC official added. Konkan Railway officials said a few passengers complained of nausea and vomiting at around 12.30pm. The passengers are said to be stable. Food samples, including the soup sachets, were taken for testing. "Then two other groups complained, and a passenger on board who was a doctor attended to them".

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.