Mario Batali slammed for including recipe in email apology

Mario Batali steps away from business, TV show amid sexual misconduct allegations

Mario Batali steps away from business, TV show amid sexual misconduct allegations

"If you haven't seen the Mario Batali apology, you should".

He then added: "In case you're searching for a holiday-inspired breakfast, these Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls are a fan favorite", alongside a photo of the dessert and a link to the recipe.

Over the last few days, the responses have piled up - and they are exactly as harsh as you'd expect. "I take full responsibility", Batali wrote.

Plugging a recipe right after apologising for sexually inappropriate behaviour?

How about some cinnamon rolls with that apology?

Celebrity chef Mario Batali steps away from his restaurant empire and has been removed from co-hosting duties on ABC's "The Chew" following sexual misconduct allegations by four women.

In the emailed statement, Batali acknowledged his "past behavior".

Vivo will release a smartphone with a built-in screen dactyloscopus
The in-display fingerprint sensor is a much-rumoured technology that even the big companies are having time to make it possible. Apple and Samsung may be the big names in mobile tech, but Synaptics has just taken a giant leap over them with Clear ID.

Batali was sacked from the ABC cooking show "The Chew" on Friday after Eater New York reported that four women accused Batali of groping them or making inappropriate sexual comments. Three worked for the chef during their careers, according to Eater New York.

In a statement responding to the allegations published by Eater, Batali said that he does not know who the accusers are but that the behavior described in the story "does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted". "That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family", the statement said.

Several women have made allegations that he touched them inappropriately.

Batali, who was sacked from ABC's "The Chew" on Friday, previously released a statement last Monday in which he apologized to the people he "mistreated and hurt".

He has also been kicked off ABC'S "The Chew", while his products will be dropped by major retailers including Wal-Mart and Target. And Food Network has put on hold its plans to relaunch "Molto Mario".

If you have ever experienced or witnessed sexual misconduct while working in the entertainment industry or news media, we'd like to hear from you.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.