Dog badly burned after owner dyed her purple

Violet the 5lb Maltese mix after her previous owner tried to dye her purple using hair color meant for humans

Violet the 5lb Maltese mix after her previous owner tried to dye her purple using hair color meant for humans

The animal service team says Violet, a white Maltese mix, received burns along her body after an encounter with human hair dye.

Violet's story begins with the Pinellas County Animal Services bringing her to the vet's office and was shared countless times on Facebook.

The purple dye also caused Violet's eyes to swell shut, and the post warns against another significant danger-internal burns. She was also described as "limp and listless".

When her hair was shaved, Violet's skin began to slough off, according to the shelter.

A little five-pound Maltese-mix, named Violet, was almost killed by a dye job. "It was clear - Violet was on the mend and she wanted everyone to know it". Our pets are lovely just the way they are - and frankly, if you think otherwise, you might want to reconsider taking the responsibility of caring for an animal. While ethical issues may exist, should a pet dye be used, make sure it is pet-safe, isn't sugar-free and doesn't contain xylitol. He added the shelter has built a case against the former owner should they ever appear. But then she found her voice and she never, ever, EVER stopped.

Megyn Kelly bringing Fox News to NBC? Revives Jane Fonda critique
Many of our veterans still call her " Hanoi Jane ", thanks to her radio broadcast which attempted to shame American troops. Jane Fonda is Hollywood royalty for her family name, for her own films, and of course for her far left politics.

People can be idiots when it comes to their pets.

It took three months for the pup to show any sort of recovery after consistent pain medications, antibiotics, honey treatment, scabs, bandages, and especially worrying, according to the animal services' Facebook post.

"When the final bandages came off we breathed a collective sigh of relief - Violet was attractive", animal services said. She was adopted by David Anderson, a St. Petersburg dog groomer.

"Because if she had been taken to another shelter, I think most likely she wouldve been just euthanized", said Anderson, a Tennessee native and Dunedin resident.

One 2013 study by Tufts University detailed the case of one eight-year-old Border Collie who had ingested natural hair dye - henna - and developed a life-threatening case of anemia. Well after the proper bandaging and treatment, the dog starts working perfectly. "Shes a very sweet little girl".

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.